Grants & Communication Manager (posted 2/2/2017)
Deadline: Tuesday March 21.
Computers4Kids (C4K) is about computers and so much more.
C4K’s mission is to empower underserved youth by bringing together technology and imagination through supportive mentoring, youth-driven programming, and skill building for life success. We provide a creative and safe out-of-school learning environment where local low-income middle and high school youth work with volunteer mentors and staff to build college and work readiness skills. At C4K young people explore their own ideas, build skills, and gain confidence in themselves through positive relationships, the mastery of technology, and the opportunity to get a free laptop with support.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Grants and Communications Manager will set and guide the strategy for all communications, website and public relations messages and collateral to consistently articulate C4K’s mission and will be responsible for grant research, writing, and reporting.
Communications: Manage and drive the implementation of an effective outreach and communication campaign to educate and cultivate community support, including:
- Develop, implement and evaluate the annual communications plan in collaboration with the Board of Director’s Marketing and Communications & Development Committees
- Develop and implement cost-effective marketing and outreach strategies to communicate with a range of constituencies through printed and electronic media
- Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures and the C4K website
- Update and maintain organization’s website, on-line publications, and social media
Grant Writing & Fundraising: Responsible for writing grant proposals for both unrestricted operating revenue and projects and for submitting timely and accurate reports for all existing grant funded projects.
- Research and evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation grants
- Comply with all grant reporting as required by grantors
- Coordinate with Executive Director to provide stewardship to current donors and to provide regular written updates to corporate and foundation donors
- Manage annual appeal process
- Manage donation receipts and acknowledgements
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience managing and executing across several communications media
- Strong writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Experience with proposal writing
- Knowledge of grant research techniques
Please send your resume, cover letter, writing sample and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a full time position with benefits.